Tuesday, November 1, 2011

First Day of November

As the sun was rising today I asked myself if there is ever such a thing called a "perfect season?"  According to Wikipedia it is defined as "any sports season, including the playoff portion of a season, in which a team remains undefeated and untied. The feat is extremely rare at the professional level of any sporting competition, and has occurred more commonly at the collegiate level in the United States."

When I asked this question I was not asking in terms on wins or loses but in terms of "nothing going wrong."  It is my belief that there is no such thing as a 'perfect season' because there is always going to be a challenge to overcome as an athlete or a coach.  Challenges can be anything from illness to injury to death.  However, every challenge that is put in front of us is an opportunity to show how strong we are!  There is no such thing as perfect in my opinion, yet I do believe success is a result of doing things correctly.  If you train things correctly you will achieve success.  If you put in your best effort every day you will ultimately achieve success.  With this there is also patience that is necessary.  We cannot get frustrated when we do not perform our best all the time.  Time is precious and you need to be patient with this.

As I asked this question to myself again, I thought perfect really should not have a definition because perfect is what you yourself define to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment